Makoto Asahara NCC LPC
Makoto Asahara, NCC, LPC received his Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Ashland Theological Seminary in Ashland, Ohio. Makoto is a National Certified Counselor (NCC) certified by National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of Ohio. Makoto is currently obtaining supervision to become independently licensed.
TRAINING AND PRACTICE
Makoto has 4+ years of clinical training and experience in a range of community settings; i.e., community-based mental health facilities, inpatient psychiatric hospitals, and crisis triage units prior to joining Live Wellness Center in May 2018. Makoto specialized in conducting diagnostic assessment for mental and emotional disorders as well as alcohol and other drug use disorders in children, adolescents, and adults; in providing trauma-informed care through behavioral and mental health counseling, acute crisis support, and other case management services for diverse populations with a wide range of mental and behavioral health issues.
APPROACH TO COUNSELING
Makoto is skilled in building a helping relationship with clients based on mutual trust and respect and interacting with them in a culturally sensitive manner. Makoto provides integrative psychotherapy with a Christ-centered approach as he strongly believes that developing a good rapport with clients is the key to effective therapeutic interventions. Makoto strives to engage in clinical practices with teachable and highly introspective spirit, enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability, and diligence with continuous improvement in mind.
AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- Diagnostic Assessment utilizing a Bio-Psycho Social-Spiritual Model
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Psychotherapy for ADHD, OCD, and Other Impairments in
Executive Functions (e.g., Sexual Addiction, Uncontrollable Anger, Chronic Procrastination)
- Neuroscience-Informed Treatment Approach to Stress, Anxiety, Trauma, Moods, and Addiction
- Trauma-Informed Care and Trauma-Specific Interventions
- Maladaptive Personality Traits and Relationships
- Integrative, Holistic, and Psychoeducational Interventions
- Christian Counseling / Biblical Counseling